things i love
If you ever thought that there was maybe a method to Bill Murray's particular form of Zen, Vulture has organized it into an easy to digest list! And at the risk of sounding like a book review cliché, it really is surprisingly poignant. "So what’s it like to be me? You can ask ...
Melissa is our resident stacking aficionado, nail art enthusiast, and reincarnated mermaid. She has Lady Godiva length hair, can draw a very cute cat (on paper and on nails!), and can instagram the hell outta jewelry. Here are a few things she loves:Mermaids (i am convinced that i w ...
- Mermaids (i am convinced that i was one in my past life)
- My teeny tiny princess, Jet
- A good DIY glitzy mani (my go-to's include DL Boom Boom Pow or Happy Birthday layered over a dark base)
- Snake inspired jewels (Oli + Me snake rings are one of my favorites)
- Red-tinted lip balm, not to be confused with cherry chapstick
- Black on black on black on black
- Fancy (and inexpensive!) bar soaps - i am an avid user of Saipua white grapefruit for body and Victoria egg white for face
- Mismatched studs for multiple ear piercings - Catbird's 2mm dia ctmh, 14k shoot the moon studs, and 14k ear cuff mixed with Satomi's diamond bar and Nan's small 14k disc - all in yellow gold
- Ashley Lyn Clinton - what a dream boat
- Instagramming EVERYTHING
Maddy, one of our master jewelers, is originally from California and loves apples but hates things made with apples (juice, apple sauce, etc). She took ballet for most of her life (a jeweler and ballerina! swoon), likes bunnies, and loves stone setting. Here are a few things she loves:&n ...
- Hiking and camping in Big Sur
- Tree Houses
- Catbird Black Diamond Studs
- Traditional Indian Jewelry
- Making Jewelry
- Napping in the sun
- Gems and Minerals!
- Dirty shoes
- Anything Todd Reed!
You can spot Lauren from her long mermaid hair and dreamy green eyes (that you will get lost in while having a conversation, I promise). She is a master jeweler in the making, identifies closely with frogs, and is in the process of making a headdress adorned with everything under the sun. &nbs ...
- Readings spreads from The Wild Unknown Tarot Deck.
- Stacking catbird’s turquoise baguette and threadbare with my favorite antique rings.
- Peppermint tea & raw honey.
- The magical buffalo skull from my Southwest camping adventure.
- Cuddling with my cockatiels Dennis & Angie.
- Doodling in my planner with a million different colored markers.
- Long car rides on backroads Upstate & building fires.
- Bittersweets Small Skull Memento Mori ring.
- Making dreamcatchers for special people in my life.
- Woodstock Handmade Houses By: Robert Haney & David Ballantine.
A few need to know facts about our store manager, Rachel – she was born in France, raised in Burkina Faso and Nashville, she's got some fantastically bold eyebrows, and her kitten goes by the name of Sushi-Amadeus. She's also our shop mama bird making sure each and every single customer walks ...
- Bittersweets Pinky Club Rings (mine says Nashville in fact)
- Swedish Soap Facial Masks with my Roomie
- Big Big Trees!
- Nashville, TN
- My cat, Sushi-Amadeus
- Bedford Cheese Shop
- Banjo Music
- Phases of the Moon
- Fancy doors
- Lauren Wolf Rings (Cleopatra especially! swoon!!)
Courtnay is our sassy-sweet southern belle and ecommerce guru. She is decked out in sparkles daily, knows every internet sensation and and has the answers to literally any question you will ever have (about anything). Her tiny pup comes with just as much sass as her and we're all still t ...
- Taxidermied birds
- Jezebel evil eye ring
- Tarot Cards and Book
- Good old fashioned Southern ghost story
- Giant Dwarf Hair Pin
- Spanish moss
- Boom Boom Pow Pow nail polish
- My sweet little man (choripan)
- Frida Kahlo's amazing life and style
Meaghan (aka MER) is a seasoned catbirdette – she knows all the secret inner workings of the nest and makes sure things run smoothly around here. She's a bird that'll ease your stress and make you happy every time you see her. When she's not working her magic, you'll find her at a show p ...
- Six little munchkins who call me auntie Meg
- A hand written note
- Mixing metals and textures and stacking my paws with Catbird, Satomi, Bittersweets, and Blanca rings
- Few things get my heart going like seeing concerts... my happy place
- Pizza, I'd travel anywhere for a good slice of za
- My new Chained to My Heart earrings, perfectly paired with everything
- My big red scarf
- Anything comfy and cozy; big sweaters, long johns, a soft tee
- A good vinyl on a lazy sunday
- Family, friends, and my boy clancy
Laila, one of our in-house jewelers, likes natural medicine and used to make boob jewelry. She is from Texas and has an eclectic collection of tattoos. Her favorite station on pandora is Monster Mash and she's got a good arm for a hammer texture (see her handiwork on our Classic Hammered ...
Rosie, our sweet Australian transplant has curated the most dreamy selection of things she loves. When she's not smiling in the shop wrapped in her custom suede shawl, you can find her writing or cutting a rug (we hear she won a dance-off in Australia once. We're talking tw ...
- Jane Birkin, the ultimate
- Oils for all occasions — for your hair, face, fragrance and body
- Stacks for your earholes – Claire Kinder's seamless hoops in gold (available in store), a rose gold ear cuff, and a single 2mm Chained to My Heart earring
- Sleeping beside my tarot deck and matching candle
- Everything about the nineties, especially kate and johnny
- Dreamy dreamcatchers, for ensnaring all evils
- The beaches back home
- Lucas' Papaw Ointment, my saving grace
You may know Anna if you've ever called or emailed regarding a web order. She is the sweet voice on the other line (or email) making sure things run smoothly and keeping customers happy. She sometimes wears big bows in her hair, has the best foot tattoos we've ever seen, and we're all je ...
- my perfect pooch named oliver olaf thor
- van morrison, because his music tickles my soul
- my catbird pinky stack, includes CB + Bittersweets
- living in my 1900's brooklyn brownstone apartment
- ila & i blossom lady, i wear it everyday, no like really - everyday
- my scandinavian flower feet, it's what everyone notices first
- vintage paint by numbers, they are cheap and classic
- steve's salted carmel ice cream, perfect combination of sweet and savory, just perfect.
- deborah lippmann modern love because it matches everything, and i need everything to match
- egg white face soap is the best $5.00's you'll ever spend!
- quick cabin getaways with my honey
- things that are all white everywhere