HR - Employee Experience Associate
Catbird is looking for an Employee Experience Associate to join our HR team. This role will specifically support our jewelry studio people efforts. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills who loves to support people and is always looking for a way to improve the employee experience.
- Support conflict resolution within the studio team to ensure productive solutions to interpersonal problems affecting the workplace.
- Be the go-to person for studio employees to voice concerns related to the studio operation.
- Be the bridge between the studio employees and leadership to resolve grievances constructively and with the long term in mind.
- Provides support for recruiting studio positions reviewing applications, facilitating interviews and organizing onboarding logistics.
- HR Administrative
- Helps maintain the studio vacation calendar ensuring that we are adequate staffed
- Handle studio inquiries regarding human resource related issues, rules, regulations
- Coordinate and plan team building events
- Assist with the onboarding of new employees
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must have 1+ years experience in employee experience/HR/people ops, ideally in a manufacturing or workforce with a complex physical component.
- Works with discretion.
- Strong computer skills specifically in Google Drive, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Even-keeled, fair demeanor, who the team will trust to listen without judgment and work on solutions You must feel confident in communicating with people during difficult situations and maintaining neutrality.
- Excellent administration and organizational skills
Please email resume and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resume. Make sure to write "Employee Experience" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Part Time Sales Associate
We are looking for part time Sales Associates for one to three days a week, including weekends to work in our Williamsburg and Soho stores.
- All aspects of customer service to create a welcoming and helpful buying experience for our customers
- Assisting to receive, price, display, clean, and maintain inventory throughout the store.
- Restocking merchandise on the floor
Our Ideal Candidate
- Retail experience required
- Jewelry experience a plus
- Looking for someone who understands that customer service is the MOST important thing.
- Someone who is nice, friendly, easy to get along with and has a good measure of common sense.
- We never pressure anyone into buying — we don’t work on commission and we celebrate getting to make our customers truly happy!
Please email your resume and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resume. Also, include your availability. Make sure to write "Part Time Sales Associate" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Jewelry Mass Finishing Equipment Operator
We are looking for a full-time Jewelry Mass Finishing Equipment Operator to support the production of Catbird jewelry as we continue to expand our company! Catbird’s Mass Finishing Equipment Operator will play a key role in processing Catbird jewelry through disc finishers to enhance the beautiful pieces that we make for our new and loyal customers worldwide. This person is adept at creating material processes and continuously improving them to make our product standout and create ongoing memories for our customers.
- Processing jewelry through disc finishers
- Maintaining a production schedule
- Record keeping
- Maintaining disc finishers
- Monitoring mass finishing consumable inventory
Our Ideal Candidate
- Background in workshop/material processing (metal or jewelry experience a plus)
- Familiarity with rotary or vibratory tumblers or disc finishers
- Familiarity with flex shaft or dremel
- Ability to maintain strict quality control standards, as well as delivering clean finished products
- Proficient with Excel or Google Sheets
- We are looking for someone who really loves working with their hands and fine tuning techniques, but this is not a bench jeweler position.
*Walnut particulate occasionally used in mass finishing process
Please email your resume and tell us about yourself - DO NOT just send a résumé. Make sure to write "Mass Finishing Operator" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Pre-Production Assistant Manager
The Pre-Production Assistant Manager is responsible for the day to day success of the Pre-Production team, by providing daily professional and administrative support to them. The PPAM manages material prep, material processing and prefinishing, and other related planning and functions in the raw material storage and prefinishing areas.
- Be the main point of contact in the Studio for the Pre-Production team and act as liaison to all other departments within the organization.
- Create a quarterly work plan for the Gold Room that corresponds to forecasts. Maintain this work plan weekly in response to real time sales/demands.
- Plan and execute the completion of prepped jewelry batches for mass production.
- People manage the Pre-Production team, making sure that they are focused, effective and meeting the requirements of a Catbird Studio team member.
- Oversee the flow of raw materials (new material receipts, pre-finishing, scrap).
- Collaborate with Production Team Leads to make sure everyone is informed of pre-production issues/expectations and vice versa.
- Maintain a clean and organized Pre-Production workspace by managing a weekly cleanup/reorganization
- Monthly raw inventory counts and weekly prep inventory audits.
- Grow and develop the Pre-Production team to encompass all things that aid in the tasks and processes that lead up to actual production, optimize and rethink our procedures, introduce new methodologies and process solutions.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Excellent communicator and able to utilize various platforms to express information quickly and accurately (Slack, email, Google Sheets)
- Strong and hands on people manager
- Able to address issues or conflict in a clear, constructive, professional, honest, kind, and immediate way
- Able to multi-task and time manage for yourself and a team
- Forward-thinking - procrastination is not in your language
- Organized, with impeccable attention to detail
- Able to have a broader view and put the needs of the studio and company first
- Fluent in Excel and/or Google Sheets (complex formulas, vlookups, pivot tables)
- Prior jewelry making experience or experience with jewelry materials preferred
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing circumstances. Especially with the past year, an important factor to success is planning well and then adjusting constantly
Please email resume and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resume. Make sure to write "Pre-Production Assistant Manager" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Studio Maintenance, Repairs & Operations Assistant
The Maintenance, Repairs, and Operations Assistant is a dynamic position where creative problem solving and ability to adapt to a fast paced environment is essential. The person in this role will be assisting in the maintenance of tools, machinery and managing studio organization for a growing jewelry company and have the opportunity to make an impact for the studio with their skills.
- Collaborate with MRO Coordinator and Assistant Studio Manager to:
- Develop new tools and jigs to improve studio efficiencies
- Serve as a point of contact for maintenance issues
- Assist with sourcing and ordering tools
- Assist with tool repair or outsourcing to a repair shop
- Assist organizing and maintaining optimal condition and inventory levels of tools
- Maintain Materials and Safety Data Sheets & OSHA compliance records
- Communicate and update Emergency Action Plan (EAP) as needed
- Comfortable facilitating tutorials and demos for proper tool handling and maintenance
- Support in administrative tasks
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 yrs experience in MRO or shop management
- Works independently and efficiently with an ability to adapt accordingly to studio needs
- Communicates effectively
- Navigate daily/weekly/monthly maintenance chores: Ultrasonic, Laser, Steamer, tumbler, Pin finishers, polishers and engravers
- General handiness wherever needed
- Preferred experience with the below:
- Laser welder, ultrasonic cleaner, polishing machine, flex shaft, ventilation system
- Electrical repairs
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Rhino or similar CAD software
- Beginner woodworking and familiarity with a variety of materials
- Steel maintenance
and tell us about yourself - DO NOT just send a résumé. Make sure to write "MRO Assistant" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Junior Merchandise Coordinator
Catbird is looking for a Junior Merchandise Coordinator to provide general administrative support to the Merchandising department.
- Assist with vendor communication: track incoming merchandise, including ETAs, shipping information
- Review and approve order confirmations
- Manage stock pre-allocations
- Manage invoicing process: review, confirm and organize invoices, manage payment alerts and communicate issues to Merchandising and Finance
- Intermediary between Inventory and Merchandising for QC-related questions; manage QC and First
- Receipts process and database
- Maintain back-end product catalogue
- Create and update e-commerce listings
- Support site merchandising
- Provide special order administrative support
- Assist with new product launches: coordinate with Merchandising and Art department on shoots and web listing readiness
- Manage designer samples and HV RTVs
- Assist with Merchandising reports
- Ad hoc administrative tasks including PO entry and maintenance
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1-2 yrs work experience
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and e-commerce platforms a big plus
- Aptitude for learning new platforms, software, systems
- Flexibility: this is a position that may require last-minute assistance of other departments, locations
Please email us and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resumé. Make sure to write "Junior Merchandise Coordinator" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Production Bench Jeweler
Catbird is hiring full time production bench jewelers. Catbird’s Bench Jewelers are primarily responsible for producing the Catbird jewelry line at a level consistent with Catbird’s time and quality standards. Bench Jewelers are familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within jewelry manufacturing and have the ability to use various levels of jewelry production techniques with semi precious and precious materials.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong bench jeweler skills - soldering, polishing, assembly
- Trains on Catbird products and follows the steps taught by trainer to create/repair jewelry daily
- Maintains Catbird’s high quality standards and meets due dates
- Maintains consistency despite fast paced environment and repetitiveness of work
- Consistently follows safety procedures
- Demonstrates dexterity, excellent eye-hand coordination, pays attention to detail
- Laser welder or arc welder, stamping and engraving experience are all a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills since you will be working as part of a team.
- We are a growing company that produces a large amount of jewelry, you must be willing to embrace repetition as a challenge or mantra.
- Position is five days a week (Mon-Fri) in our jewelry studio in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Please email your resume and images of your work and tell us about yourself - DO NOT just send a résumé. Make sure to write "JEWELER" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Contract Junior Technical Project Manager
The principal role of the Jr Technical Project Manager is to plan, initiate, and manage information technology (IT) projects. This role serves as the liaison between the business principals and the technical staff to ensure the resulting technologies meet the business requirements. The successful candidate will need to plan project stages, assess business implications and monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met, while communicating with all stakeholders. This is a contract role expected for 1 year to assist with two large technology projects but with the possibility of becoming a permanent role within the company based on our technology needs. This role reports to our Director of Operations, E-Commerce & Studio.
- Assist in researching and evaluating hardware and software options and weighing the cost/benefit of those technologies
- Develop detailed project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, and schedules.
- Analyze, plan and develop requirements and standards in reference to scheduled projects
- Determine and define clear deliverables, roles and responsibilities for staff members required for specific projects or initiatives
- Monitor daily tasks to ensure all project participants (Catbird employees and software vendors) are actively working toward established milestones and deliverables, and ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan and develop information communication procedures.
- Hold regular technical team meetings to determine progress and address any questions or challenges regarding projects
- Confer with project personnel to coordinate activities and identify and resolve problems
- Coordinate between business principals to ensure project needs are met
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans in conjunction with business principals
- Establish and implement training processes for technologies once successfully launched
Our Ideal Candidate
- 1-3 years of project management experience in the technology space
- Demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, strategies and methods
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Self starter who has a strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making
- Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- Professional Project Management Certification from accredited institution a plus
Please email your resume and images of your work and tell us about yourself - DO NOT just send a résumé. Make sure to write "Junior Technical Project Manager" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.