Junior Merchandise Coordinator
Catbird is looking for a full-time Junior Merchandise Coordinator to join our team. The Junior Merchandise Coordinator is responsible for receiving inventory (stock and samples) and providing administrative support to the Merchandising department.
- Receiving, tagging, and maintaining inventory
- Assisting with vendor communication, order tracking and invoicing; notifying departments of incoming receipts
- Checking quality, quantity, and accuracy of incoming inventory
- Maintaining back-end product catalogue
- Assisting with new product launches: coordinating with Merchandising and Art department on shoots and web listing readiness
- Performing routine checks on current inventory to ensure accurate stock levels. Compiling, organizing, and communicating inventory needs to Merchandising department
- Assisting with Merchandising department reports
- Ad hoc administrative tasks
Our ideal candidate:
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel a big plus
- Aptitude for learning new platforms, software, systems
- Flexibility: this is a position that may require last-minute assistance of other departments, locations
- 1 years’ work experience
Please email resume and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resume. Make sure to write "Jr. Merchandise Coordinator" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Catbird is looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join our growing Warehouse team. This position will oversee the inventory, receiving, pick, pack and ship functions of our E-commerce team. We are in the process of reviewing our workflows to match our volume and need someone who is a deep thinker, loves process, and loves managing people. Come help us shape our warehouse into something reliable, efficient and distinctly Catbird! This position is full-time Monday-Friday.
- Ensure all packages are shipped on time and correctly every day, while overseeing the daily activities of the warehouse
- Create and maintain warehouse policies and procedures with an eye to scalability and improving overall efficiency of the warehouse operations
- Troubleshoot, identify, and remedy operational issues and ensure inventory accuracy
- Manage inventory, pick, pack and ship teams (roughly a dozen people), including hiring, training, supporting and developing team members
- Communicate cross-departmentally to ensure the warehouse if working seamlessly with the rest of Catbird
- Ensure our customers are delighted every day
Our Ideal Candidate
- 2+ years of warehouse experience and at least one year in a supervisory capacity
- Hands-on, dynamic troubleshooter
- Critical thinker
- Great manager who loves developing people
- Enthusiastic and energized and able to keep their staff enthusiastic and energized too
- A data lover
- Detail oriented with an eye on quality and consistency
- Experience in limited-technology warehouse environment
- Bonus experience in adopting technology solutions
- Very computer literate and data focused
Please email resume and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resume. Make sure to write "Warehouse Manager" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
In-Store Jeweler/Sales Associate
We are looking for a part-time In-Store Jeweler/Sales Associate. The position will be split between working at our welding locations as an In-Store Jeweler, at our store as a Sales Associate and in our studio as a Production Jeweler.
- Weld Catbird’s forever jewelry line onto our customers
- Maintain Catbird’s high quality standards and consistency despite fast paced environment and repetitiveness of work.
- Consistently follow safety procedures
- Assist managers to receive, price, display, clean, and maintain inventory throughout the store
- Restock merchandise on the floor
Our Ideal Candidate
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within jewelry manufacturing and have the ability to use jewelry production techniques with semi precious and precious materials.
- Demonstrates dexterity, excellent eye-hand coordination, has a sharp eye and pays attention to detail
- Enjoys interacting with customers and all aspects of customer service
- Is an excellent communicator and works well on a team
- Retail experience required
Looking for someone who understands that customer service is the MOST important thing. Someone who is nice, friendly, easy to get along with and has a good measure of common sense. This position will be a part time role with the opportunity to grow full time.
Please email a cover letter with some information about yourself as well as a resumé and availability. Please put "In-Store Jeweler" in the subject line.
We are hiring a full time bench jeweler to make our Catbird jewelry line in our Brooklyn Navy Yard studio.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong bench jeweler skills - soldering, polishing, assembly
- Attention to detail is a must
- Efficient time management and ability to multitask
- Laser welder or arc welder, stamping and engraving experience are all a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills since you will be working as part of a team.
- We are a growing company that produces a large amount of jewelry, you must be willing to embrace repetition as a challenge or mantra.
- Position is five days a week in our jewelry studio in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Please email your resume and images of your work and tell us about yourself - DO NOT just send a résumé. Make sure to write "JEWELER" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
If you are interested in joining our team but don't see a position listed that you are suited for please email us! Please include a resumé and tell us a lot about yourself.
Make sure to check back here and to follow us on Instagram (@catbirdnyc). We often post about positions there.