Catbird used to be very, very small. If we needed to communicate something, we would turn our heads and say it to a coworker who was inevitably two feet away. Maybe less. Our goal, as we grow, is to retain the warmth and interconnectedness of our roots, fueled by the curiosity, flexibility, and hard work of our teams throughout the years.
We seek to provide the types of jobs where people can be themselves — can work hard and go home and not always carry work around — in a welcoming, comfortable space, to provide important benefits, to allow breathing room for emergencies, and where there is a culture of kindness and inclusivity.
We encourage you to apply! Catbird is an equal opportunity employer and diversity is highly valued at our company. All applicants receive consideration for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Catbird is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. While some of our positions are currently remote, the posted position will be based in-person in our Brooklyn Navy Yard studio or stores. We are closely following the CDC and NY Forward guidelines to create a safe and healthy work environment.
● Healthcare eligibility following 30 days of hire with 75% of the medical premium covered by Catbird. And 25% of the premium covered for children. We also offer dental and vision.
● 15 vacation days and 7 sick days, plus an extra day off during the month of your birthday
● 401(k) with profit sharing and safe harbor contribution eligibility after one year of employment. We invest through a portfolio focused on socially responsible funds.
● Professional Development Stipend: an allotment of $200/year, plus other workshops and talks throughout the year
● Paid time off (or double time for stores) on major holidays
● Open studio hours for studio employees: once a week studio managers stay late so jewelers can work on personal pieces with Catbird tools and machinery, and train with each other on new techniques
● Parental Leave: we offer 20 weeks of parental leave. 12 weeks are 100% paid.
Other nice stuff!
● The Catbird Giving Fund: We vote as a company on what organizations to support. At least 1% of all sales, year round, are donated to nonprofits aligned with our core beliefs of equality and helping others.
● A generous employee discount
● Pre-taxed MetroCards to save money on getting to work!
● Discounted Pet Insurance
● Discounted Citi Bike Annual Membership
● Regular company-wide parties, brunches & happy hours
● A warm, casual work environment where people can really be themselves
● Most importantly: we hire great people who stay for a long time and create a workplace with good vibes :)