Product Development Assistant
Catbird is looking for a full-time Product Development Assistant to join our Studio. This is an entry level administrative position responsible for coordinating and maintaining the day-today development procedures for both current and new jewelry items.
- Support in monthly meetings with merchandising/design team and assist in communicating the required actions with the vendor, designers and follow up reporting
- Updating our inventory system, Piro, with new item set ups and updates
- Monitor development and production schedules, ensuring individual and team calendar deadlines are met.
- Create internal spec pages and external spec packs for off-site manufacturing
- Monitor customer requests and analyze product reviews to identify any issues or improvements
- KPI reporting - track project costs and new product sales
- Keep all current and archived samples and materials closet organized.
- Document all samples, sample components and create cost outs for new styles
- Communicate with vendors as needed to move projects forward and maintain positive relationships.
Our Ideal Candidate
- This is an entry level admin position and does not include sample making or design responsibilities
- We are looking for creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Someone who operates with discretion, initiative and ownership of projects
- Sense of humor!
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- Eager to take on new challenges, introduce and implement new approaches and ideas, grow, test and learn
- Must have experience with Illustrator and Excel
- Knowledgeable about jewelry manufacturing and production is a plus
Please email us and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resumé. Make sure to write "Product Development Assistant" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
E-Commerce Customer Service Associate
We are currently looking for a full-time Customer Service Associate in our E-commerce Department. This is a junior position on our team with plenty of room to grow! Starting hours are Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6pm. Hours will change during our holiday season.
- Provide exceptional and personalized service to customers via email, phone, social media channels, and live chat
- Navigate order management systems to process orders and support customer relationships
- Provide styling advice to customers with a strong knowledge of Catbird products
- Brainstorm ways to create out-of-this-world customer experiences with your manager and team members
- Help cultivate a warm and inviting culture in order to assist our customers
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 1+ year(s) of experience in Customer Service (or similar field)
- Maintains a positive attitude with an all-hands-on-deck team mentality
- Detail-oriented in an awesome (possibly scary) way
- Problem solving mastermind
- Eager to learn and grow
- Empathetic, genuine, honest, encouraging and kind
- Experience with jewelry or luxury brands is a plus
- Zendesk experience a plus
Please email us and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resumé. Make sure to write "Customer Service Associate" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
We are hiring a full time bench jeweler to make our Catbird jewelry line in our Brooklyn Navy Yard studio.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong bench jeweler skills - soldering, polishing, assembly
- Attention to detail is a must
- Efficient time management and ability to multitask
- Laser welder or arc welder, stamping and engraving experience are all a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills since you will be working as part of a team.
- We are a growing company that produces a large amount of jewelry, you must be willing to embrace repetition as a challenge or mantra.
- Position is five days a week in our jewelry studio in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
Please email your resume and images of your work and tell us about yourself - DO NOT just send a résumé. Make sure to write "JEWELER" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
If you are interested in joining our team but don't see a position listed that you are suited for please email us! Please include a resumé and tell us a lot about yourself.
Make sure to check back here and to follow us on Instagram (@catbirdnyc). We often post about positions there.