We are currently looking to fill the following position(s):
MERCHANDISE PLANNER & INVENTORY MANAGER
This role is the inventory nexus points for all departments. Ensures proper flow of inventory on hand, keeps team on budget. Works closely with business manager, studio, store and web manager, as well as vendors. Potential to grow and structure a department, as needs of business evolve. The Merchandise Planner & Inventory Manager will report directly to the Co-Creative Director and General Manager.
We are looking for someone extremely detail-oriented who can not only see the big picture but would have no problem getting dirty, tagging merchandise during busy times, calling vendors, etc. This is a full time, salaried position in our Brooklyn office.
- 2 years inventory and/or merchandise planning experience
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Ordering and vendor relations
- Assist creative directors in product assortment & sales analysis
- Trafficking new products online
- Transferring between locations
- Moving product from receiving to selling floor
- Reviewing systems and best practices
- Regular inventory checks
- Loss prevention
- Report analysis
- Potential for managing staff
- High level decision making
- Stock availability and lead-time messaging on website
- Maintaining inventory goals
- 3-5 years inventory and/or merchandise planning experience
- Adept at learning new platforms
- A keen mind for analytics and math
- Open to shuttling and moving merchandise between locations
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable, flexible, must be a pleasure to work with - this is an all-hands-on-deck environment
- Passion for independent brands and a start-up mentality
Catbird is a fine jewelry store and brand, based in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. We are a progressive company, which prizes a can-do attitude. We work closely together in an open-office environment, and seek smart, curious, hard-working team members.
Salary and package commensurate with experience. Please email us your resumé and a cover letter and make sure the words "INVENTORY MANAGER" are in the subject line.
PART-TIME JEWELERY PREPPER
We are looking to hire a part time jewelry prepper to assist in making our Catbird jewelry line.
- Attention to detail- measuring, assembling, stamping, following specs
- Sharp and exacting eye a must
- Efficient time management and ability to multitask
- Jewelry making experience a plus- including polishing castings
Must have excellent communication skills since you will be working as part of a team. We are a growing company that produces a large amount of jewelry in house. You must be willing to embrace repetition as a challenge or mantra. PT position is 20 hrs a week based on availability in our studio located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Email a resumé, cover letter, and images of your work/ examples of applicable skills. Please make sure “JEWELER APPLICATION” is in the subject line.
SALES ASSOCIATE - PART TIME
We are looking for an experienced Sales Associate to work weekends plus one or two weekdays in our busy store helping customers in a warm, friendly, beautiful environment. Retail experience an absolute must.
- all aspects of customer service
- assisting managers to receive, price, display, clean, and maintain inventory throughout the store
- restocking merchandise on the floor
Looking for someone who understands that customer service is the MOST important thing. Someone who is nice, friendly, easy to get along with and has a good measure of common sense. Jewelry knowledge a plus. Please email a cover letter with some information about yourself as well as a resumé and availability. Please put "PT SALES ASSOC." in the subject line.
If you are interested in joining our team but don't see a position listed that you are suited for please email us! Please include a resumé and tell us a lot about yourself.
Make sure to check back here and to follow us on Instagram (@catbirdnyc). We often post about positions there.