We are currently looking to fill the following position(s):
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER - Part Time
We are looking for a highly empathetic person with excellent interpersonal skills, communication abilities and high-level HR experience. We are a progressive company who puts our employees first - we are looking for someone to help maintain our culture and decision-making process while keeping all policies in place as we grow. This is a job that requires working with a real sense of ownership as well as wearing multiple HR hats.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- working with management and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment
- recruiting for all departments
- employee benefits administration
- overseeing the staffing process – including hiring and termination
- handling employee issues
- maintaining ethical principles in the workplace
- ensuring that the business complies with labor, health and safety laws
- execution of relevant programs consistent with the overall company value
- being 100% approachable to employees in a proactive way
Also involved in:
- compensation and pay increases
- assisting managers and owner with promoting and maintaining our company culture
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Human Resources Management or Organizational Development, Behavioral Sciences
- 3+ years of senior level HR work experience at a large or mid-sized company
- Working HR experience with hourly employees
- Retail HR experience a plus
- A working knowledge of Employment Law
This is a senior position but it is part time (three days a week, 9:30-6). We do not view our current HR needs as 5 days a week.If the thought of working part time excites you, this could be a great fit. Salary will be commensurate with experience, then pro-rated to 3 days/week.
There will be times when some flexibility is requested. This is an on-site position in our office at the Brooklyn Navy Yard. We currently employ 81 people. Pease email with resume and cover letter.
We are seeking an enthusiastic & ambitious intern to work one-on-one with our PR & Marketing team. S/he will assist with daily Marketing & PR tasks that include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating sample tracking and loans
- Manage sample inventory & organization
- Maintain press clippings
- Assist with tracking and measuring effectiveness of all PR and social media initiatives for monthly reporting
- Research for partnerships & new media program
- Assist on maintenance and development of partnerships program
- Assist in planning our ongoing events calendar
- Opportunity to assist on photography shoots
- Previous internship experience in PR / Fashion PR.
- Is available to work three days a week from our Brooklyn HQ for three months (June - August).
- Has excellent communication skills, is well written, organized, and is magic!
This is a part-time position that is eligible for pay and/or college credit. Please email resumé and cover letter, and write "Communications Intern" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
PART TIME SALES ASSOCIATE
We are looking for an experienced Sales Associate to work weekends plus one weekday with the option to pick up other available shifts in our busy Bedford Avenue store.
All Catbird sales associates represent the brand ensuring the highest standards of customer service. Retail experience an absolute must.
- Provide exceptional and personalized service to customers
- Help cultivate a warm and inviting shopping experience
- Assist managers in restocking, cleaning and tagging merchandise
- Be detail oriented and observent during the POS process
- 1+ year(s) of retail experience
- Consistant availablity on weekend days
- Someone who understands that customer service is the MOST important thing
- Can think on your feet and posesses good common sense
- Passionate about all things Catbird
Primary Goals: The inventory nexus points for all departments. Responsible for overall budgeting, forecasting, merchandising strategy and goals with co-creative director. Ensures proper flow of inventory, keeps team on budget. Works closely with head of studio operations, business manager, co-creative directors. Manages a small team.
We are looking for someone extremely detail-oriented who can not only see the big picture, who is nimble in their thinking, has a passion for independent brands and a start-up mentality.
- Budgeting to meet sales targets at multiple levels
- Assist creative directors in product assortment & sales analysis
- Forecasting for both house line and outside designers, from topline to product level
- Reviewing systems and best practices
- Report analysis
- Manages planners and purchasing assistants
- High level decision making
- Maintaining inventory goals
- 5 years merchandise planning experience, preferably with a diverse product range
- Adept at learning new platforms
- A keen mind and extreme versatility in analytics, statistics and math
- Advanced Excel skills
- Management experience - must be comfortable managing a team spread across locations
- Adaptable, flexible, must be a pleasure to work with - this is an all-hands-on-deck environment
Please email resumé and cover letter and write "MERCHANDISE PLANNER" in the subject line.
FULL TIME BENCH JEWELER
We are looking to hire full time bench jewelers to make our Catbird jewelry line.
- strong bench jeweler skills (soldering, polishing, assembly)
- casting finishing
- attention to details a must
- efficient time management and ability to multitask
- stone setting experience is a plus
Must have excellent communication skills since you will be working as part of a team. We are a growing company that produces a large amount of jewelry, you must be willing to embrace repetition as a challenge or mantra. FT position is five days a week in our jewelry studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Email a resumé, cover letter, and images of your work. Please make sure “JEWELER APPLICATION” is in the subject line.