We are currently looking to fill the following position(s):
IN-STORE JEWELER - Part Time
We are looking for someone with some jewelry making experience who is interested in working with us on Fridays and Saturdays (and possibly Sundays) for five hours each day. While this job involves jewelry it is not specifically a jewelry making job. However it is customer facing and does require some basic jewelry skills. (We will train you on the rest!)
Provide exceptional and personalized service to customers
Help cultivate a warm and inviting shopping experience
Be detail oriented and observant
Must have some jewelry making experience. Should be very comfortable with small scale assembly (think tiny chains and jump rings!), working with gold and precious stones.
Consistent and reliable availability on the schedule we set together
Someone who understands that customer service is the MOST important thing
Can think on your feet and possesses good common sense
Passionate about all things Catbird
Please email and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resumé. Make sure to write "IN-STORE JEWELER" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
E-COMMERCE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE - Full Time
We are currently looking for a full-time Customer Service Associate in our E-commerce Department. This is a junior position on our team with plenty of room to grow! Starting hours are Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6pm. Hours will change during our holiday season.
Provide exceptional and personalized service to customers via email, phone, and LiveChat
Navigate order management systems to process orders and support customer relationships
Brainstorm ways to create out-of-this-world customer experiences with your manager
Help cultivate a warm and inviting culture in order to assist our customers
Passionate for all things Catbird
1+ year(s) of experience in Customer Service (or similar field)
Maintains a positive attitude with an all-hands-on-deck team mentality
Detail-oriented in an awesome (possibly scary) way
Problem solving mastermind
Eager to learn and grow
Empathetic, genuine, honest, encouraging and kind
Experience with jewelry or luxury brands is a plus
Please email us and tell us about yourself - do not just send a resumé. Make sure to write "E-Commerce Customer Service Associate" in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Content Marketing Strategist - Freelance / Project Basis
Catbird is seeking a content marketing strategist to work alongside our marketing and creative teams in building out a new approach to owned content. The primary focus will be on developing an editorial content series aimed at consumer engagement and education around our product, process, and mission.
This is a project-based job with flexible on-site and remote hours. Interviewing for the position may include a writing test in addition to phone and in-person interviews.
- Initial project will focus on strategizing an editorial calendar and accompanying content that will be distributed on a dedicated section of our e-commerce site.
- Create and manage a content calendar and deadlines, while also utilizing existing content assets.
- Analyze performance metrics of our owned content and use this data to inform future content creation.
- Implement best practices in both front-end content strategy and back-end strategy such as the use of rich metadata and CMS structure.
- Work closely with Catbird’s co-creative director on setting guidelines for tone, style, and voice of all brand content.
- Strategize on cross-promotional distribution of all owned content alongside our social and PR teams.
- Opportunity to delve deeper into blog development, case studies, survey result, and annual reports, in addition to pitching new content opportunities that will future-proof our content marketing.
- 4+ years of editorial or content production experience, luxury or fine jewelry focus a plus but not required.
- Advanced creative and technical writing skills with an ability to understand company’s voice and translate that into content aimed at increasing engagement.
- Strong research skills – can take the lead on conducting primary and secondary research on a range of topics.
- Analytical expertise - can site traffic, engagement, and other KPIs to drive our content decisions.
- Strong communication skills – is comfortable working closely with the Catbird team to build our content strategy while also guiding us through your expertise so that we can champion content across our brand.
Please email a resume and a cover letter, as well as a link to your portfolio/website. Please include the words "Content Marketing Strategist" in your subject line.
QUALITY CONTROL ASSISTANT - Full Time
Catbird is looking for a detail oriented person to join our Quality Control Team as a Quality Control Assistant!
Responsibilites include but are not limited to:
- Visually inspecting all jewelry produced in house to meet specifications and established standards
- Collect and input quality information, including data entry and photo documentation
- Communicate quality concerns and product information with QC Coordinator, Jewelers, Work Planner, Trainers and Merchandising
Requirements and Experience:
- Must be extremely detail oriented and organized
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment and works with a sense of urgency.
- 1-2 years of experience in the jewelry industry - knowledge of general jewelry terminology and fabrication is required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to manage sensitive information with discretion
- Knowledge of G Suite, experience with Team Work preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Full time position
Applicant emails can be sent to email@example.com.
SALES ASSOCIATE - Part Time
We are looking for an experienced Sales Associate to work weekends plus one weekday with the option to pick up other available shifts in our busy Bedford Avenue store.
All Catbird sales associates represent the brand ensuring the highest standards of customer service. Retail experience an absolute must.
- Provide exceptional and personalized service to customers
- Help cultivate a warm and inviting shopping experience
- Assist managers in restocking, cleaning and tagging merchandise
- Be detail oriented and observant during the POS process
- 1+ year(s) of retail experience
- Consistant availablity on weekend days
- Someone who understands that customer service is the MOST important thing
- Can think on your feet and posesses good common sense
- Passionate about all things Catbird
Primary Goals: The inventory nexus points for all departments. Responsible for overall budgeting, forecasting, merchandising strategy and goals with co-creative director. Ensures proper flow of inventory, keeps team on budget. Works closely with head of studio operations, business manager, co-creative directors. Manages a small team.
We are looking for someone extremely detail-oriented who can not only see the big picture, who is nimble in their thinking, has a passion for independent brands and a start-up mentality.
- Budgeting to meet sales targets at multiple levels
- Assist creative directors in product assortment & sales analysis
- Forecasting for both house line and outside designers, from topline to product level
- Reviewing systems and best practices
- Report analysis
- Manages planners and purchasing assistants
- High level decision making
- Maintaining inventory goals
- 5 years merchandise planning experience, preferably with a diverse product range
- Adept at learning new platforms
- A keen mind and extreme versatility in analytics, statistics and math
- Advanced Excel skills
- Management experience - must be comfortable managing a team spread across locations
- Adaptable, flexible, must be a pleasure to work with - this is an all-hands-on-deck environment
Please email resumé and cover letter and write "MERCHANDISE PLANNER" in the subject line.
FULL TIME BENCH JEWELER
We are looking to hire full time bench jewelers to make our Catbird jewelry line.
- strong bench jeweler skills (soldering, polishing, assembly)
- casting finishing
- attention to details a must
- efficient time management and ability to multitask
- stone setting experience is a plus
Must have excellent communication skills since you will be working as part of a team. We are a growing company that produces a large amount of jewelry, you must be willing to embrace repetition as a challenge or mantra. FT position is five days a week in our jewelry studio in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Email a resumé, cover letter, and images of your work. Please make sure “JEWELER APPLICATION” is in the subject line.