Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you ship internationally?
- How do I figure out my ring size?
- How do I figure out my ring size for first knuckle rings?
- Can I have something rushed?
- Do you offer Same Day Delivery?
- What are your domestic shipping costs?
- What does 'Pick-Up In Store' mean, when and where can I pick up my order?
- If I select 'Pick-Up In Store', how long will you hold my order?
- How do I know if something is in stock?
- If I pay for Expedited shipping, will I get my item in 1-2 days?
- How long do I have to cancel an order?
- How do I know if something is returnable?
- Do you take phone orders?
- Can I return or exchange items in the store?
- Do you require signature on delivery?
- Where do you recommend we go in Williamsburg?
- Is your gold recycled and are your diamonds conflict-free?
- Help! My ring is 14k gold, but it's turning green!
- Do you have sales? What!!? Why NOT??
- Can you set my heirloom stones in one of your settings?
- How should I care for my jewelry?
- What is your warranty on wedding and engagement rings?
- Do you offer payment plans or financing options?
1. Do you ship internationally?
Yes - we are happy to send pieces internationally. We use wynd Worldwide (powered by UPS) for $45 (not including duties and taxes) for orders under $5000. For shipments to Australia and New Zealand an additional $20 fee is incured. Please make sure to read the details here before placing your order. Duties and taxes are not included in the shipping price and vary from country to country.
2. How do I figure out my ring size?
If you do not know your ring size, we highly recommend having your finger sized by a local jeweler and asking for your US ring size. You can also try this website, this PDF or you can order one here. We are responsible for sending you the ring size you ordered. However we cannot be responsible for determining your ring size. (Some people wear their rings loose, some tight. The size is your responsibility.) If you live in the US and need a ring sizer, please email us and we will do our best to help you!
3. How do I figure out my ring size for first knuckle rings?
First knuckles are really tricky! A lot depends on the shape of your fingers and knuckles. If you are generally a medium, a medium should fit one of your fingers, a small should fit one of the fingers of a small hand, etc. Keep in mind that it is entirely dependent on the shape of your fingers and which finger you are going to wear it on. You can also use this PDF.
4. Can I have something rushed?
If you need a ring by a certain date, we are happy to accommodate you, however, most artists charge a nominal, non-negotiable fee to prioritize your order. Please contact us before placing an order that needs to be in by a certain date.
5. Do you offer Same Day Delivery?
We do! Same Day Delivery is available for select Brooklyn and Manhattan zip codes between 10am and 4pm EST Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays. Orders are delivered within three hours of your order time. Orders placed after 4pm will be delivered between 10am and 1pm the following business day. More details here.
6. What are your domestic shipping costs?
Please see our shipping costs here. We offer flat rate shipping within the continental US: Standard - $11 and Expedited (2 Day) - $20. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is an additional $8 (only Standard Shipping is available to HI & AK). All packages heading outside of New York state are not subject to state tax We also offer an option to pick up items in store with no extra charge, however in-state NY tax applies. If you would like to bump up your shipping to overnight, please email us to confirm the possibility of this. Note there are extra costs for faster shipping.
7. What does Pick-Up In Store mean? When and where can I pick up my order?
You can shop online and pick-up your order in our Bedford Avenue store! Make sure to wait until you receive an email letting you know your order is wrapped up and ready for you. To collect your order, you will need to show our store staff a copy of your order confirmation.
8. If I select Pick-Up In Store, how long will you hold my order?
Orders not picked up within 60 days will be refunded and returned to stock. This applies to in-stock items only — it does not apply to any custom orders. Please contact us if you need more time.
9. How do I know if something is in stock?
We do our best to ensure items on line are in stock. However, due to traffic in the store and on line, items will occasionally sell out before showing as out of stock online. We will notify you of any issues with your order as soon as possible! You can also email or call us at 718-599-3457 Mon-Fri, 10-6 EST. We are here to help!
10. If I pay for Expedited shipping, will I get my item in 1-2 days?
Paying for Expedited Shipping does not guarantee that you will get your item in two days. It does, however, shorten the time your item will spend in transit. (If you live east of Ohio it is generally not worth it to pay for Expedited Shipping unless you absolutely need a guarantee of the arrival date.) Please see the item's individual page for availability or contact us and ask if it is in stock. If you need something by a certain date, please contact us and we will do our absolute best to make it so.
11. How long do I have to cancel an order?
If you need to cancel an order you must email us within 4 hours of when you place your order. Many pieces are custom made and once production begins on them they cannot be cancelled or returned. If you are unsure if something is a final sale, please email us.
12. How do I know if something is returnable?
If you have a question as to whether your item is returnable, please email or call us. Some rings are not able to be resized, others may incur a resizing fee. Please contact us before ordering if you are unsure. (Or a local jeweler can often resize rings for you.)
13. Do you take phone orders?
14. Can I return or exchange items in the store?
If you want a refund back to your original form of payment and would like to drop your return at the store:
No problem! Web order returns at the store must be accommodated with the original order form as well as our return form. Please allow 4-7 days for your return to reach our web department, for us to process your return and issue a refund back to your original form of payment.
If you want a store credit and would like to drop your return at the store:
No problem! Web order returns can also be brought to the store for a physical Gift Card which can be used on line or in store. Store will not authorize cash refunds.
If you would like to go to the store to exchange your web order for another item:
No problem! Please bring your original order form with you or you can pull it up on your phone.
For questions about returns please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Do you require signature on delivery?
We require signature on delivery for items over $500. If you need us to make an exception to this, please inform us at the last stage of the Checkout process when placing your order. We reserve the right to require signatures for certain orders.
16. Where do you recommend we go in Williamsburg?
We created this handy list of some of our favorite spots!
17. Is your gold recycled and are your diamonds conflict-free?
Catbird, and all of the designers we carry, use recycled gold and conflict-free diamonds. The Catbird line is entirely made in New York. Read more about our studio here!
18. Help! My ring is 14k gold, but it's turning green!
Sometimes, the oils in our skin can cause a reaction with the gold leaving a mark on skin or on the gold itself. It can even be affected by what we've eaten that day, by chemicals or lotions may have come into contact with it, or sweat from you recent workout! The discoloration can easily be removed with a soft polishing cloth. If that doesn’t do the trick - please contact us.
19. Do you have sales? What!? Why NOT!?
We work diligently to keep a fair mark up on all of our items, 365 days a year. We do not ever price anything with the intention of putting it on sale. So what you get is fair and even pricing, year round. What you don't get is jacked-up prices, with a crazy sale every once in a while. (That said - we do dish out some special offers to our readers here and there so make sure to subscribe!)
You can read it all here. Please let us know if you have any questions.
21. Can you set my heirloom stones in one of your settings?
We do not do custom work or set stones at this time.
22. How should I take care of my jewelry?
23. What is your warranty on wedding and engagement rings?
Please see it here.
24. Do you offer payment plans or financing options?
We are partnered with Affirm to offer financing on purchases over $50.00. You can find out details about paying with Affirm here.
Affirm customer support: email@example.com or 855-423-3729 7am-7pm CST (7 days a week)