What We Love
A smooth heart carved from mother of pearl. A token of love, want, desire, gratitude, friendship, remembrance, forgetting, achievement, failure, something lost, something gained.
We love it slung on a gold chain or slipped onto a silk cord, worn in a jumble of necklaces or on its own tied around a wrist — the mother of pearl will illuminate its surrounding and quicken the pulse — your wrist, your heart; they’ll shine.
Our mother of pearl hearts are cut from abalone shells grown on a farm in California that operates under strict fair trade practices.Made to be slipped on a Catbird chain or hoop or bracelet (or one of your own!).
$10 of every sale benefits Direct Relief, as they work on the ground to provide emergency medical assistance and disaster relief in the U.S. and globally.
- made from abalone shell
- heart shaped 15mm charm
- solid 14k yellow gold jump ring, 4 x 6mm
- all natural material, color and pattern will vary
- listing is for Token only, chains sold separately
The Golden Rule of Pearl Care: "Last Thing On First Thing Off". Pearls are more vulnerable to the chemicals found in cosmetics, hair spray, hair dye, and perfume. And pearls do NOT like chlorine - neither in swimming pools or even regular showers. Pearls should ONLY be cleaned with a soft cloth moistened with water and the little bit of ivory soap.
More Like This
- Swimming Pool Chain$498.00
- 1976 Bracelet$144.00
- 1976 Chain$268.00
- Little Disco Choker$264.00
- 1976 Choker$234.00
- Tinsel Bracelet, Rose Gold$128.00
- Hundred Summers Bracelet$108.00
- Tinsel Chain, Yellow Gold$248.00
- Sweet Nothing Bracelet$98.00
- Tinsel Bracelet, Yellow Gold$128.00
- Hundred Summers Collar$188.00
- Tiny Hearts Choker, Silver$68.00
- Tinsel Choker, Rose Gold$198.00
- Baby Cuban Layering Chain$198.00
- Hundred Summers Anklet$148.00
- Tinsel Choker, Yellow Gold$198.00
Catbird jewelry is made with love in our Brooklyn studio and with the help of a few trusted partners using over 95% recycled gold, 95% recycled diamonds, and ethically sourced precious stones.