"OUR JEWELRY IS A LONG LOVE LETTER TO AND INSPIRED BY NEW YORK, MOVIES, NOVELS, ITALIAN BAKERIES, THE DRIVE-THROUGH CAR WASH, WOMEN, OUR COWORKERS, WATCHING THE LIGHT MOVE ACROSS THE ROOM, FRIENDSHIP, LOVE AND LOSS"
-LEIGH, CATBIRD CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Since 2004, we pioneered the idea of fine jewelry to be worn everyday, pieces to be layered and stacked over time. Catbird jewelry is designed in our Brooklyn studio and sustainably made to the highest standards, with over 95% recycled 14k gold and recycled diamonds.
Jewelry as Poetry
How a small shop in Williamsburg launched a jewelry revolution, and stood the test of time.
Sustainable Since 2004
Over 95% recycled solid 14k gold, recycled diamonds, a small carbon footprint (we all work under the same roof in the Brooklyn Navy Yard!), FSC certified packaging - these initiatives have always set us apart.
Catbird Giving Fund
We have been giving since Day One — a portion of all sales go to nonprofits aligning with our core beliefs of equality and helping others. With your help, we just surpassed $1.9 million!
A small offering of things we love right now - and always.
- Nightgowns for daytimeAlmost every city has an august nightgown specialty shop. Why not find one when you travel, as a special souvenir? Pairs well with trench coats for snack runs. This one is from Loretta Caponi in Florence.
- Catbird playlistsSongs for days at the museum, ballet nights, autumn in New York, snow globe cities, spring flowerings, and on and on and on. LISTEN
- Snow Queen Shell PolishA fun silly thing to do: pick one Shell Polish for everyone in your life, like a personality test, or a horoscope. ps my name is Leigh and I’m a Snow Queen. PICK YOUR POLISH
- The Fraud, Zadie SmithIt’s best to always have a big novel to get lost inside of. Oh, but the trick of this one is how much like today it is.
- Black & white cookiesThe most iconic, New York cookie of them all. They first appeared at the now shuttered Glaser’s Bake Shop in Manhattan. It is our mission to try them wherever possible. Join us!
- Spring Fairy EarringsTwinkling diamond earrings to make every day shine a little brighter. Inspired by an antique pair from a shop in Italy. SPRING FAIRIES
- Paris ReviewHot tip: archival interviews from the Review make for very satisfying middle of the night reading, should you be prone to middle of the night mind wanderings. We’re proud to be longtime advertisers.
- Taglioni’s Jewel Casket, Joseph CornellTucked in gallery 517 at the MoMA, just around the corner from an exquisite Frida Kahlo. A luminous devotional, with a rhinestone necklace from Woolworth’s. The inside of the case is the exact blue of Vito’s trunk.
- I Don’t Care if She’s a Tape Dispenser, Sam GrossThere is no sweeter cartoon: plaintive and true. One of the inspirations behind our Phyllis the Snail charm.
- Gold Evening PouchA little bitty pouch to clutch as you scoot around town — our head designer stashes her makeup in it, and it looks so chic and shining during lip balm applications. GET THE POUCH
Love Letters From You
Snail mail love — we have notes tucked all over our offices; we love emails too! We’ve been collecting your notes since 2004.